Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Anticipation

It feels like just hours until the spawning season begins for me.  The group that I started prepping a little more than a month ago is about to pop!  I've been up at sunrise with my head in the ranchu pond to check for spawning activities.  Boys are chasing!


Update 4-1-15:  Sure enough I woke up this morning to ranchu spawning!  Here are the parents:


Update 4-4-15 11am:  Eggs should hatch sometime later today:

Update 4-5-15  11 am:  Eggs are starting to hatch now.
2 pm update:


Update 4-7 at 8 am:

Update 4-8 at 9pm.  This must be the largest spawn I've ever taken.....

Update 4-21  Just finished culling the whole batch over 3 days.

Update 4-26 Culled thru the whole batch again

Update 5-3 Culled the group again for the 3rd time:
Update 5-12-15 Culled the group for the 4th time:

6-10-15 These are the ones I will grow out for awhile:

_________________________________________________________________________
8-1-15: These are some of the best from this spawn:

______________________________________________________________________
8-7-15: Definitely time to call these Tosai, I think:

_______________________________________________________________________
8-24-15:
___________________________________________________________________
9-13-15